Our Island Safari’s start in the bustling fishing harbour of Kawthaung. The beautiful border town of Kawthaung is easily accessible from the border town of Ranong in Thailand. From there, our guides will take you out towards the spectacular Mergui Archipelago. Once we leave the lively border trading and fishing town, you will enter a tropical paradise that even today has rarely been explored. You will find yourself in one of the most remote and culturally interesting off-shore paradises. The vast majority of the 800 islands are still uninhabited and opened up for tourism as recently as 1997. You can be one of the first to explore some of these islands and experience the splendour and charm that easily match Thailand’s famous beach holiday destinations, but lack the hullabaloo of the crowds. Join us on this adventure and cruise through a labyrinth of islands which only a handful of people have seen. With our live-aboard vessels we combine the passion of truly wild adventure with the touch of modern comfort.
DAY 1: KAWTHAUNG – TAUNG LA BO ISLAND – PONI ISLAND – ISLAND 115
The first day of your Island Safari will begin with you being greeted at the airport in Kawthaung or Ranong or the Ranong Pier by one of our guides. Upon greeting you, our guide will complete the check-in process with you. MV Sea Gipsy and her crew will be awaiting your arrival at Kawthaung Jetty. With this out of the way, if time permits, you are invited to take in the fun and excitement of Kawthaung’s bustling seaport. Here, you will find unique and authentic shops with wares unique to this part of the world. You will also have the opportunity to snap some unforgettable photos of Victoria Point and the King Bayint Naung Statue and the Pyi Daw Aye Pagoda as well as some of the picturesque sceneries of the river which leads to Ranong, Thailand.
After a day spent exploring Kawthaung, you will set out on smooth seas and have the chance to enjoy sunshine and the fresh sea air as you cruise the Mergui Archipelago. Your first stop will be Taung La Bo Island where you will have the opportunity to take a dip in the Indian Ocean. From there, the Sea Gipsy will take you to Poni Island where you will be enchanted to find more fun in the sun and the waves. As the sun begins to set, you will be treated to a dinner cruise that takes you to Day 2’s destination, Island 115.
DAY 2: ISLAND 115 – BO CHO & MANGROVE RIVER
As day two dawns, you rise, bright and early with the morning sun. A breathtaking sunrise serves as the backdrop as we set sail from Island 115 and head to Bo Cho Island where you experience Moken Village. This is the largest settlement of the Sea Gypsies. Here you will have the opportunity to visit the local school to experience what every day life is like on the island for these people of the sea.
While on Bo Cho Island, you will also have the opportunity to take a brisk walk to Hilltop Temple which affords you with breathtaking and picturesque views of the bay below. Bo Cho Island is so beautiful, you will want to have your camera at the ready to take snapshots of the life affirming views you will be treated to.
After experiencing life at Moken Village, the Sea Gipsy will whisk you away to Lampi Island. Upon your arrival, you will be thrilled by a kayak trip through the mangrove river before returning to the Sea Gipsy for a delicious dinner and evening spent in the waters off the coast of Lampi Island.
DAY 3: LAMPI ISLAND – TAR YAR ISLAND – KO PHAWT – SHARK ISLAND
Your day will start off with breakfast as you watch the sun rise high into the sky. Adventure will start bright and early with your first stop at Tar Yar Island. Protected by the surrounding islands, Tar Yar has some of the clearest and most pristine waters in the entire archipelago so you’ll want to splash around in the waves here for a little while. From there, you will have the opportunity to explore Ko Phawt Bay. Here you will be treated to the sights and sounds of the graceful Hornbill bird in its native environment. In Ko Phawt Bay, there is another Sea Gipsy village that is rarely seen by tourists. Or kayak through a huge mangrove forest.
After a rewarding visit to Ko Phawt, the Sea Gipsy sets out for Shark Island. While the name is somewhat intimidating, Shark Island has nothing to do with the deep sea predator. Rather, Shark Island is named for the shape of the landmass which resembles the majestic shape of a shark.
DAY 4: SHARK ISLAND & LAGOON BAY – MOKEN VILLAGE
Day 4 starts where Day 3 left off, on Shark Island which is surrounded by beautiful blue waters that are perfect for swimming and snorkeling. After a swim around the island’s shore, the Sea Gipsy will return you to Moken Village for more time with these lovable Sea Gypsies. The local children are usually on hand to offer a warm greeting and friendly smiles that will touch your heart.
In the late afternoon, your journey will take you to Lagoon Bay where you will enjoy dinner and fall asleep with the stars sparkling brightly. With nothing but clear sky overhead, the night sky will shine with celestial beacons in all of their bright and beautiful glory.
DAY 5: LAGOON BAY – BA WEI ISLAND – BOULDER ISLAND
As the sun rises, it will be time to say goodbye to Lagoon Bay. The Sea Gipsy will take you to Ba Wei Island where you will be able to get your day started with an invigorating swim before departing for Boulder Bay where you will be able to partake in swimming, kayaking or trekking across beautiful Boulder Island. Featuring five stunning beaches with great snorkeling and kayaks to explore the waters surround Boulder Island, there is so much to do and see. You will want to be sure to pack your hiking shoes as Boulder Island offers some great hiking trails with absolutely breathtaking views. Our favourite hike will take you to Eagle Rock, the highest point on the Island, from here, the spectacular view of Boulder Bay will leave you breathless. You’ll spend the night here in Boulder Bay. Spend some time on the deck soaking up the beauty of this magical island before turning in for the night.
DAY 6: BOULDER ISLAND – MYAUK NI ISLAND (RED MONKEY) – THAY YAE ISLAND (BARWELL CHANNEL)
On the sixth day of your island adventure, awake to a delicious breakfast which you can enjoy as the birds serenade you with their beautiful songs. After breakfast, take some more time to explore Boulder Island. There is so much to do and see on this beautiful island, it would be impossible to experience it all in one day. You can also spend your time kayaking or paddling around the island on a stand up paddle-board. You can also snorkel off of one of the island’s five beaches. For the avid hiker, you can hike to beautiful Moken Bay or remote Bamboo Cove. For an even more special experience, hike out to Secret Cove and travel back in a kayak.
While it will be difficult to leave behind Boulder Island and all of its enchantments, you will travel onward to Myauk Ni Island where you can enjoy a refreshing swim in the Indian Ocean before heading to the final destination of your journey, Thay Yae Island where you will enjoy a relaxing dinner as you watch the sunset.
DAY 7: THAY YAE ISLAND (BARWELL CHANNEL) – KAWTHAUNG
Day 7 will see you return to Kawthaung. The Sea Gipsy will dock at 10 AM so there will be plenty of time to catch an early flight. Once we’ve docked, our friendly staff will be happy to assist you with your return travel arrangements and immigration.
- Round Transfer from Airport Kawthaung or Airport/pier Ranong to Kawthaung jetty
- Accommodation onboard MS Sea Gipsy based on double bed open-air gazebo
- On board meals ( 3 meals per day with minimum 3 – 4 dishes per meal )
- Soft drinks, fruits, snacks
- Sea Kayaks (sit-on-top), Snorkeling sets (mask, snorkel and fins), Fishing Gears
- Life Jackets all needed Safety equipment
- Port fees as well as Special travel permit application
- Local English speaking guide
Price do not include
- Other Transfers not listed above
- Mergui Archipelago fees (Royalty fees) USD 100.00 – 140.00 depending on the length of the trip per person for every trip on board.
- Myanmar Visa Fee USD 50 per person
- Single supplement surcharge
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Expenditures of personal nature, such as alcoholic beverages, souvenirs, tip for crew etc.
- Personal insurances such as health, trip cancellation, luggage damage and lost etc
- International and Domestic Air Tickets
- Service not mentioned above
- Fuel surcharge, if it is applicable
Cancellation / Prepayment
- Deposit: 50 % within 10 days after booking confirmation.
- Final payment: 50 % 60 days prior to departure.
- Cancellation Conditions:
- More than 120 days prior departure: deposit will be returned (minus bank fee).
- 119 to 61 days prior departure: deposit will not be returned.
- Less than 60 days prior departure: full price will be charged.
- If the balance is not received in time, Moby Dick Tours Co., Ltd retains the right to resell the booked places.
Payment to be made:
- a) by US Dollar - cash our office (Moby DIck Tours) in Yangon
- b) by wire transfer, net amount, to the indicated account (account details will be mentioned in Invoice)
- In case of an unforeseen increase in fuel prices, we will keep our right to adjust the above prices by charging a fuel-surcharge.
- We strongly recommend that each guest purchases comprehensive accident, medical, baggage and trip cancellation / interruption insurance when they book the trip. Please be advised that if guest chooses NOT to purchase the trip insurance, we will not be responsible for any financial disappointment caused by any reasons beyond our control. No partial or full refund will be made for unused services.
- Moby Dick and its subsidiaries reserve the right to rearrange the order of any itinerary, to cancel or substitute elements of any plan without notice when local conditions force (weather conditions, flight time changes, tidal movements etc) such changes. There will be no partial or full refund of payments in the case of no-show or last minute cancellation by the customer. Moby Dick Tours Co., Ltd has the righ t to modify/change the tour program due to weather conditions and in the interest of the passengers, without any compensation to customers. In the unlikely case of a the trip having to be outright cancelled by Moby Dick Tours Ltd. after payments have been received, a refund or a new trip will be offered, but no further compensation given. Although our ship is well maintained, equipment breakdown can occur. If during the trip, the ship is disabled by breakdown of machinery, collisions or any other cause that prevents the use of the ship by the customer, Moby Dick Tours Ltd. will make a pro rata refund of the tour price for the period of disablement.
Note: All guests has to returned a complete filled out Booking & Liability Release Form before departure.